Canal Fulton Public Library is seeking a Fiscal Officer for 20+ hours/week. This part-time position is responsible for the overall financial operations of the library, including payroll, investments, complying with the statutes of the State of Ohio, state auditing requirements and the policies of the Board of Trustees.
Minimum of a High School Diploma is required with a minimum of three years of accounting and budgeting experience required. Governmental accounting and/or UAN software experience a plus. Salary range for the position starts at $18,000./year and is commensurate with experience.
The Canal Fulton Public Library has an annual budget of just over $1 million. The library is a school district library with approximately 20 full and part-time employees. This position reports to the Board of Trustees and works collaboratively with the Library Director.
Responsibilities with this position include:
- Recording minutes of the Board meetings (Board meets once a month)
- Administers receipts and deposits from LLGSF for Stark, Summit and Wayne counties
- Administers bill payments and purchase order status
- Administers payroll – bi-weekly
- Administers quarterly payroll reports
- Administers monthly pension reports
- Administers Federal, State and School tax deposits
- Administers quarterly city payment reporting
- Administers employee payroll maintenance
- Administers annual appropriations
- Administers year-end payroll – W2’s, State, Local and Federal
- Administers bank reconciliations and investments
- Administers software updates – UAN software
- Administers county certifications on revenue and additional appropriations
David Brown, Director
Canal Fulton Public Library