To obtain a Teacher Loan Card:
- The teacher must have a current, valid library card in good standing (no fines or fees exceeding $5.00).
- The teacher must show proof of current teacher position.
- Student teachers must show proof of current assignment/course.
- Homeschoolers must show proof of exemption.
- Everyone must show proof of current address.
- All teacher cards are kept at the circulation desk in the Children’s Department at the library. They are a separate account for classroom use only. Teacher cards cannot be used for personal use. Teacher cards will expire every August 1st. They can be renewed with proof of teaching position.
Teacher Loan Cards allow for the following privileges:
- Books from the Children’s Department can be checked out for the extended 6-week loan period. (Teacher loans are NOT renewable.)
- Items checked out on a teacher loan are exempt from overdue fines; however, an overdue notice will be sent out as a reminder to return the items as soon as possible.
- Up to 100 items may be checked out on one teacher card. Canal Fulton Public Library reserves the right to limit books that are in high demand, such as assignment subjects or holiday books.
- Each Teacher Loan Card will allow for 3 lost or damaged books per school year (August 1 through July 31) at no charge. Charges will be assessed for the 4th book and all subsequent books lost or damaged during this time period.
- Teachers may request that a librarian pull a teacher collection on a unit or theme. Books are limited to availability. Please allow 3 days’ notice for special requests.
- A courier delivery service is available to all teachers in Northwest School District.
- Titles in the Young Adult Department and Adult Department are available for teacher loans upon request.
We regret that the following items are NOT available for teacher loans:
- All 7 day items
- DVDs and videos
- Interlibrary Loans