Adopted: 12/14/98 Revised: 06/09/10
As part of its public service and information mission, the Canal Fulton Public Library does offer a Community Bulletin Board and Freebie Shelf. Bulletin Board and Freebie Shelf space is available to non-profit organizations in the Northwest School District (Canal Fulton, Clinton, New Franklin, Lawrence Township, and a portion of Wayne County) engaged in civic, educational, recreational, cultural activities.
Note: The Library does NOT advocate or endorse the viewpoints of any group or individual.
- Postings planned by a company to promote, advertise, or lead to sale of its products and services are NOT permitted.
- The time limit on items not dated will depend on demand and space available, but no longer than 4 weeks.
- Items to be posted are to be dropped off at the Main Desk. Each item is approved or disapproved on a case-by-case basis.
- Display materials are considered disposable and library staff may remove and discard as necessary.
- The library distributes political campaign materials when the material contains information about ALL of the candidates or issues. Individual candidates’ materials are NOT distributed or displayed in the library. Campaign materials are limited to a cart in the lobby.
- Final authority for all materials displayed and distributed on library property rests with the Library Director.