Below is a brief update from the April 5th press conference with Gov. DeWine.
Ohio’s COVID-19 case data is below:
o 1,026,929 total cases
o 53,445 hospitalizations
o 7,462 ICU admissions
o 167.1 cases per 100,000 Ohioans (updated weekly on Thursdays and can be found HERE)
o More data is available on the COVID-19 Dashboard HERE.
CONDENSED HEALTH ORDER
· Gov. DeWine announced that ODH will issue a simplified health order that streamlines previous orders into a single order that underscores the most important tenants of infection prevention.
· Both the Director’s Order for Social Distancing, Facial Coverings, and Non-Congregating and the Director’s Order Rescinding Various Orders are attached.
HIGH SCHOOL VACCINATIONS
· Gov. DeWine announced that he has asked Ohio’s local health departments and vaccine providers that are offering the Pfizer vaccine to coordinate with local high schools to offer vaccinations to high school students who are 16 or older.
o Pfizer is the only vaccine that is currently approved for children as young as 16.
· This announcement follows last week’s announcement that vaccination clinics will be offered at all higher education campuses in the coming weeks.
CASE DATA & VACCINE INFORMATION
· In-depth COVID-19 data for Ohio: coronavirus.ohio.gov.
· Ohio’s central scheduling system: gettheshot.
· Ohio mass vaccination information: coronavirus.ohio.
· All vaccine providers: vaccine.
· More vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.
As always, Coronavirus.Ohio.Gov