Adopted 6/13/05, Amended 3/10/10
People demonstrating disruptive, disorderly or inappropriate behavior will be required to leave the library premises. This includes failure to follow library rules, regulations, or procedures. This includes any actions that deliberately annoy others, disrupt library operations, or prevent the legitimate use of the library and its resources.
Examples of inappropriate behavior include:
- Profanity or abusive language
- Loud talking, fighting, or running
- Lewd acts
- Smoking or using tobacco in any form inside the library
- Possession, sale, or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or weapons on library property
- Misuse or vandalism of library property
- Skateboarding on library property
- Use of cell phones in the library for talking or texting is prohibited. Please go into the Lobby to use your phone or exit the Library.
- No solicitation allowed without the authorization of the library director.
General Procedures and Consequences:
- Library employees are authorized to bring to an individual’s attention, any act or omission that violates these rules and detracts from the decorum of the Library.
- Such an individual will be asked to change their behavior to conform to the rules.
- If such change is not evident or forthcoming, that individual will be asked to leave the Library property.
- Failure to leave if asked will result in the police being called.
- Any individual who repeatedly violates the Library rules and regulations may be denied the privilege of access to the Library, by the Library Board of Trustees, upon recommendation of the Library Director.
- A written report will be filed with the Director, and copies will be given to the local law enforcement official when appropriate.